The Faith Formation Academy is Forma’s Certification Academy that offers certificates in Family and Youth Ministry and the Leadership in Lifelong Formation. Both programs are administered by experienced Forma Members and held in Partnership with Virginia Theological Seminary and the Bexley Seabury Federation.
Episcopal Teacher is the newsletter of the Center for the Ministry of Teaching. Published quarterly, it features news, reviews, opinions, and other articles about faith formation in the Episcopal Church and beyond. It is edited by Dorothy Linthicum and Lisa Kimball.
The Center for Anglican Learning and Leadership (CALL) at Church Divinity School of the Pacific has a number of opportunities for continuing education for lay and clergy. These programs are offered throughout the year both locally on the CDSP campus and online.
Seminary of the Southwest in Austin, TX, offers a certificate program in Christian Program in Christian Formation. The Certificate Program offers a basic theological education which includes scripture, theology, and practical skills for ministry on three levels: Basic, Associate and Advanced. The one-week sessions take place in mid-June and late-January each year. Upon completion of both beginning sessions, students are awarded a Basic Certificate. Building on the Basic coursework, Associate and Advanced sessions are offered in consecutive years and the Basic sessions are repeated each year.
Other Professional Christian Education and Formation Organizations:
- Religious Education Association (REA) and Association of Professors and Researchers in Religious Education (APRRE) is a diverse association of professors, practitioners and researchers in religious education; its membership includes those from the Baha’i, Roman Catholic, Eastern Orthodox, Jewish, Muslim, Protestant and other traditions involved in all aspects of religious education. Throughout its century-long existence, REA has supported research into moral and religious development in many ways, including conferences, workshops, and in-depth studies.
- Christian Educators Fellowship (CEF) serving the United Methodist Church (UMC)
- The Association of United Church Educators (AUCE) serving The United Church of Christ (UCC)
- Association of Presbyterian Church Educators (APCE) serving educators in the reformed family of churches, including the Presbyterian Church of America (PCUSA), Reformed Church in America, Christian Reformed Church and the Presbyterian Reformed Church in Canada
- The Liberal Religious Educators Association (LREDA) is an anti-racist, welcoming professional organization open to liberal religious educators and those supportive of religious education; LREDA promotes the religious growth and learning of people of all ages and advocates for and supports religious educators and the field of liberal religious education; associated with the Unitarian Universalist Church (UU)